Drummer | Percussionist | Educator
Performed With / Appeared On / Worked With / Taught At!
We're all far more than the sum of our parts. To give you an insight into who I am, and more importantly, what I can do for you... I've removed the self congratulatory padding you'll find on most 'about 'ME' web pages.
Here's some context and a snapshot of where I am today.
During the last 2.5 years, I've learned more than in the previous 10 years, thanks to... fatherhood, inspiring friends and amazing clients.
Personally I Am...
• Motivated by family.
• Connected to music in a way that is impossible to describe...
• Always studying something that I can implement.
• A fan of non-alcoholic beer! (I only found this out a few months ago... judge me if you wish).
• A lover of podcasts... Not a day goes by without having Marc Maron, Frank Skinner or This American Life in my ears.
• A big fan of travelling. I love the energy of London and the tranquility of Norway! I also lived in Germany for a while.
Professionally I Am...
• A coach and teacher, who helps ambitious performers get things done.
• Driven to help people.
• Someone who believes that great education can be delivered quickly.
• A business consultant to musicians, recording studios, music instrument manufacture.
• A drummer and percussionist, inspired to create great feelings on stage, and off it.
Professionally I Have...
• Failed at various ventures, learning lots along the way!
• Been hired to perform with some of the greatest musicians in the world. Check out my 'Performed With' page.
• Created a global events company with my partner James that is truly unique, and constantly evolving.
• Developed websites and marketing strategy including producing podcasts for various businesses.
• Worked as a business coach for musicians in business since 2014.
• Written for and taught at degree and post graduate levels.
• Support from the finest instrument manufacturers in the world. Check out my 'Affiliated To' page.
• Published articles on various aspects of performance and performance psychology in music print publications.
• Worked in over 25 countries among a diverse range of people.
Right now I'm currently focussed on 2 things...
• Helping outstanding ambitious musicians and creatives develop sustainable careers.
• Playing the drums and percussion!