Our experiences are what make us unique... Here are some of mine
As a Drummer & Percussionist
• Performing and/ or touring with the artists on the 'PERFORMED WITH...' page.
• Recording for major record labels such as Universal Records and in major recording studios including 'Strong Rooms' and 'Air'.
• Performing on TV - various pre-recorded and live broadcasts on networks including BBC, Channel 4, 2DF...
• Playing on London West End and UK / European touring theatre shows such as 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Never Forget'.
• Working for many top 'function' bands over the UK & the world - The training ground of the jobbing musician!
• Playing drums for various pantomimes in the UK.
• Playing in the 'Show Band' on a cruise ship (P&O).
• Playing in the resident band in a holiday camp.
• Working for many of the UK's leading Musical Directors, Musical Supervisors & Fixers (musical contractors).
• Living in Germany including 6 months in Hamburg.
• Co-Director of Director of Metropolis Productions LTD providing:
- Bespoke Live Music solutions - Band hire to an international client base (B2B and B2C)
– Podcast Production / New Media Marketing & Consultancy to various companies (not all music specific).
- Event Planning, Coordination and Management
- Equipment Hire (Sound & Lighting)
- Working in the UK and overseas, including France, Dubai and India...
• Working as a consultant to start-ups and small businesses.
As A Music Educator
• Private teaching.
• Teaching at schools, including working with students with special educational needs.
• Teaching as faculty member at 'The Institute' from 2009-2016 on:
Diploma, Higher Diploma, Bachelor of Music (BMus), Bachelor of Arts in Creative Musicianship (BACM).
Subjects taught include: Various areas of Drums & Percussion, Music Technology, Music Business, One to one mentoring, Live Performance & Ensemble skills. I've also written course material.
• Writing a regular column in 'Drummer Magazine' specifically on the relationship between Drums and Percussion.
• Honorary tutor, Dartington International Summer School Jazz Course. Dir. Keith Tippet.